Monday, October 7, 2024

Twins?

    There are these two guys....






                               and                                   










    For reference, the man on the left is Nico Hoerner. On the right, Luke Skywalker. Yeah, I know, this is loony. But, I just finished watching the Star Wars movies (the real Star Wars movies, meaning the first six), and it's been in my head for a long while that Nico looks like Luke (you know, eye color, facial features, especially the split chin, which you can't see as well in the picture of Nico). But after watching the movies, come on, I have to post it

    I could go into detail about how much I like Luke Skywalker, but that would take thousands of words. Let me just use a few: he's a true hero, strong, courageous, compassionate; one of the best movie characters you'll ever see.

    I could go into detail about how much I like Nico Hoerner, but that would probably take a few hundred words. He's a contact hitting sensation (as shown by his 10.3% strikeout rate this year, less than half of the league average) and an amazing fielder. A great player all-around, and one that I especially like since he's not hitting bombs left and right and still makes his impact in different ways.

    These probably aren't the best pictures for my point of view, but I think I got the point across. If you look at them, you'll see it. 

    I knew this had to be a post, though not about baseball cards, and not really about the game. It's here that I would make a really cheesy Star Wars crack, but for the sake of the readers, I'll hold off. But for now, have a great week, happy collecting, and may the force be with you (there it is).

1 comment:

  1. At first glance I couldn’t really notice the similarities, which was probably because of the different facial expressions and their different appearances (hat/hair/clothing). Although, once I thought about Nico with Luke’s hair then I realized that they would look merely identical if that was the case. Overall this was a great and funny post 😂. You have a good eye! I honestly can’t believe how similar their faces are. 😅

    ReplyDelete