Wednesday, September 2, 2026

That Time I Got Really Close To A Pretty Cool Experience...But Missed Out

    Ladies and gentlemen, I have some news. It was good news, but now it's not. 

    About a week ago I emailed the AA affiliate of the Texas Rangers, the Frisco RoughRiders, asking them if I could interview former first-round draftee Malcolm Moore for the blog. I had met Malcolm before, and he's a really great guy. 

    I didn't really expect a response at all, but that same day a gentleman emailed be back and said he would like to set one up for me. I was shocked. 

    Yesterday I got an email from him asking me to come down to the field this afternoon to meet with Malcolm in-person for an interview. This was extremely exciting, but for two factors. Firstly, I live really far away from the stadium, and secondly, I work late today.

    Sadly, it's not going to end up working out. The gentleman who tried to set it up for me had me email him the questions, but it has to be asking them in-person.

    Thus, a wonderful opportunity came and went, and I came up empty on it. Maybe next year...


(I'm actually going to try again next year just so y'all know)


    It's not all too bad though - like I said earlier, I had gotten the chance to meet Malcolm and talk to him a little while ago, which was pretty cool. I hope to see him helping out the Rangers in the Bigs one day.

    I'll still give the Riders the shout-out I promised if I got the interview...GO RIDERS! They're actually having a pretty good season...at 67-58 thus far on the year. And thanks to Zach for doing his best to work this out. I appreciate you sir.

    



    On the bright side, the other day I traded for a couple of cards I wanted, which is some consolation:


    The picture is no bueno, but that's okay


    Glad to have finally posted again. Y'all have a great end to the week (we're getting there!), thanks for checking out the blog, and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment