Monday, July 22, 2024

6 Months

    Today is the day Don Cardwell turns six months old. I must say, I never thought that the blog would last even this long, but here we are, alive and well.
    
    I used to think that all card blogs were the same; stuffy and boring, with the same old routine of showing off what you don't have. But I was eventually drawn in, and once I gave it a try I found that card-blogging couldn't be more different than I had originally thought. I found that in reading card blogs you see pieces of baseball history in the form of cardboard. You encounter the interesting lives of every individual blogger. It takes you for a ride. That's why I can't leave it just yet. 

    I've said this numerous times already, but all the fellow bloggers have been so kind. The atmosphere truly is amazing. 

    I've made a few trades among my neighbor bloggers, as well as gotten advice on requesting autographs. I've done a contest. I've gotten some really insightful and some really funny comments. I go back to them and read them regularly. 
    My friend was the one who commented 'DANCE' on my last post. He was sitting next to me at the Rangers game a couple days ago and wanted me to jump up and dance, so he pulled up the blog and commented. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

    I'm a happy member of the card-blogging community. Though I haven't been commenting around as much these last couple months, I have still been reading your blogs. I am now actively following fifteen card blogs, and reading a few more that I haven't yet been able to follow. 

    To put it simply, it's been a wonderful six month experience. I've changed my initial plans and now aim to have Don Cardwell around for a long time. We'll see how it goes. But for now, have a great day, happy collecting, and thanks for all the support!

7 comments:

  1. Yo cool blog(u didn’t dance)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Half-Anniversary! I for one am glad you're a part of the community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seager For The WinJuly 22, 2024 at 9:59 PM

    Glad to hear the blog is flourishing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card blogosphere is pretty special and it's definitely helped shape who I am as a person and collector. Congratulations on 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear that you're planning on sticking around :)

    ReplyDelete