Friday, July 19, 2024

Cars in Indiana

     Gee whiz, this was a while ago by now. About two weeks ago I went to an indy-ball game with the family. Usually when you go to one of these, you can get away with at least a few autographs. Well, this particular time I ended up with two.

    One of these autographs is from a 25-year old relief pitcher named Tanner Riley, who has a 17.47 ERA this season. He signed my old raggedy baseball glove that I got when I was eight years old. Yeah, I've had it for a while now.

    The other auto that I got was one that I've been waiting for for about two years. I finally found Curtis Terry, who's actively playing for the Lake Country DockHounds. 

    





    Terry played part of a season with the Texas Rangers in 2021, which didn't really go all too well. He went 4-for-45 (.089) at the dish in his 13 big-league games. But on the bright side, he did hit two doubles. He was really good in the minors before coming up, slugging well over .500. While playing for the independent league, Curtis has a batting average below .230, but the slug is still there.

    It was really nice to get the autograph of a former major leaguer, especially one whom I have the rookie card of. He was really nice when I talked to him briefly (more of just a 'Hi, will you sign this?'), and I'm glad to finally rest knowing I got what I came for.

    Y'all have a great weekend, and happy collecting!

2 comments:

  1. Two doubles in the bigs is more than anyone reading this post will ever hit.

    ReplyDelete