Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A New Post for an Old Excuse

     Sorry that I haven't published in over a week. Once again, I'm having computer problems. Apparently, my computer doesn't want me uploading files, which is extremely annoying. Therefore, I cannot post with cards today.

    I've used this excuse before, and even though it's true, I feel it's a bad excuse for not posting. So then, what to write about? A-ha! I have two things; hopefully they'll be interesting.


    First thing first, since I can't upload any pictures, I'll make an announcement about MLB. I'm sure a lot of you have already heard, But starting pitcher Jordan Montgomery has finally signed with a team for the 2024 season. I had expected him to sign with the Yankees, but this didn't happen. No, he signed a one-year deal with the Diamondbacks worth $25 million. Funny that he signed with the team that he helped bludgeon in the 2023 Fall Classic. This deal was far off from the seven year contract that he wanted and waited stubbornly for, but what's he to complain about? He's making way more money than he probably should, so whatever. Then again, most major leaguers are making too much money (discussion for another day). Anyway, $25 million isn't too bad at all. The bad thing is that he waited until the day before Opening Day to get a team. At least he has one though, because he's on both of my fantasy baseball teams, and it would be a disaster if I didn't have him pitching. What I do wonder is what he'll do to get some work in. I don't know if he'll pitch in the minors for a while before making his season debut or not. I guess only time will tell.


    Now for the second item on the agenda. I'm running out of cards to post. As sad as it is, I've only got about three or four posts left before I run out. I'll be continuing to search through my boxes for more dancers or cards that tell an interesting story. I don't know, maybe I'll find something valuable. I can probably manage a few more posts just with my 2021-2023 binders, so I'm not too worried about finding more material.


    There is no third item on the agenda, so I will just fill this empty space with words. Like I said, Opening Day is tomorrow (March 28), and my beloved Rangers will be squaring off against the Chicago Cubs at Globe Life Field. Justin Steele will be starting for the Cubs and one of my fantasy teams, but this will not be stopping me from rooting for a Rangers victory. Turning on your own team is the worst part of fantasy baseball, and I have been able to keep myself from that corruption pretty well in my four years of fantasy experience. 


    Well, this was a nice little way to post after not doing so for over a week and without being able to use my cards. Hopefully I'll have the computer up and running within a few days. So, that'll do it for this post. I've covered everything on the current agenda and more. Happy collecting and be sure to catch your fill of Opening Day baseball. I'm out.

4 comments:

  1. Good job staying uncorrupted by feelings against your favorite team with fantasy baseball. Fantasy baseball has helped me realize I actually don't care all that much about the Yankees, much less than I care about my fantasy teams, so I guess I've been corrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Opening Day! Ready for some baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest issue with fantasy sports was being put into situations where I'd root for players playing against my favorite teams. In addition to that... fantasy baseball was just way too time consuming. Ultimately I gave it up. One thing I do miss though was being forced to follow players closely. Fantasy sports definitely brought me closer to the game. Good luck this season!

    ReplyDelete