Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Keep it Going

     I have no idea at all what to title this post.
    The computer has yet to work, so posting with cards has been a big pain. I am happy to report that I've gotten more cards to post about, so as soon as I can get the PC to work (or the memory card rather), I can get back to posting with cards. I'm sorry I haven't been able to do so, and please know that I'm trying my best to get working again.

    I'll also be out of town for a few days and will be unable to post anyway, hence the reason I'm posting now.

    MLB news: The Rangers are still in the winning column, with a 3-1 record and a monster 9-3 victory against the Rays. Keep it going Rangers! Unfortunately though, Josh Jung was hit by a pitch (that he swung at), and has a fractured wrist that will probably lead to a lengthy IL stint. 
    30-year-old rookie Ronel Blanco of the Astros threw a no-hitter against the Blue Jays yesterday in a 10-0 Astros victory, their first of the season.
    Japanese starter Shota Imanaga made his MLB debut yesterday, collecting a win against the Rockies. He threw six scoreless innings, giving up two hits, walking none and striking out nine.

    That's all I've got today for the MLB world. 

    Second last thing on today's agenda: The Diamond King is hosting a contest in which you can win a fat stack of cards by guessing the combined serial numbers of his 140-card pile. Very fun, but pretty difficult for me. Go ahead and check out his blog. Contest or not, it's a very good read.


    Final thing for today:

   

    Bowman will be releasing their 2024 baseball cards on May 8th, just over a month from now. Here is the design:


    I don't collect a ton of Bowman cards, but like the way that they're done, with the Bowman Briefing on the back. Of course, because they have the briefing, you don't get stats from every season on the card, but I guess it's a decent trade-off. This design is....interesting. I don't particularly like the red background, because he's on the Brewers and they have nothing to do with the color red. Not all of the backgrounds are the same color, and the Yankees card is better. However, this was the sample card I could get my hands on. I like the border around the photo and the little boxes in which the player and team name are located. All in all, I think it looks pretty good, but I would prefer them change the color scheme in the background.

    That'll do it for this post. Again, I hope I can get my pictures uploaded soon, but I will not be able to publish for at least four or five days anyway because I'll be out of town. Thanks for reading and happy collecting!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug! I generally have a bit of distaste for Bowman, but that doesn't look like a bad design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're able to get your computer to work soon. As for Bowman... I don't usually go out of my way to buy it. But I have a buddy who opens it up, pulls out the big names, and then sells me the excess cheap. I'll buy it and toss it aside. It's fun flipping through it a few years later to see if anyone panned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowman could look worse this year...

    GO SHOTA! He's on three of my fantasy teams so he better be good.

    ReplyDelete