Monday, June 10, 2024

And Just Like That The Cardinals Winn The Game

     Man, I love Masyn Winn. He was popular among my family when he came up last year, but didn't perform to standards, batting .172/.230/.238 in 137 PAs. Coming into 2024, Baseball America had him ranked as the #39 overall prospect. 

    Winn played three seasons and 322 games in the minors, and slashed .272/.351/.437 with 35 homers. He scored 266 runs in that time, his most impressive stat, and also stole 92 bases. In the All-Star futures game of 2022, Winn threw a ball from shortstop to first at an astounding 100.5 MPH! This crushed the MLB record for an infield throw of 97.8 set by Oneil Cruz. Unfortunately, Winn wasn't yet in the majors to officially break the record.

    In his big-league debut on August 18th of last season, Winn went 1-for-4. Kind of boring, really. Unlike Vaughn Grissom, who went 2-for-4 with a bomb and a steal. Doesn't really matter though, because Winn is doing way better than Grissom right now. A whole .158 better.

    He also has one of the more, how do I put it.... interesting nicknames around. Winn has somehow gained the nickname of Energizer Bunny. I have no idea where this originates, for I could find nothing on the internet about it. It's funny though, whether I get it or not.

    And finally, Winn has impressed so far this season as St. Louis' primary shortstop, slashing .306/.355/.435 with 8 steals in 58 games. He's been doing a lot of leading off for the struggling club, and is quickly emerging as one of the Stars of MLB (hopefully not LMB).





    
    Unfortunately, I don't own any of Masyn Winn's cards. However, if there is ever one out there in the blogosphere to trade for, I'll make sure to get in on a deal. Have an amazing week and Happy Collecting!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck chasing down some Winns. Just checked COMC and it looks like he's starting to get some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of his cards I could send your way. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take you up on that. Please comment me your email or use the comment form just below my pageview counter. AND THANKS!!!

      Delete