Friday, June 28, 2024

Help the Cause

     Starting this Sunday, I believe at 11:00 Central time, voting for the starting positions of the 2024 MLB All-Star game starts.

    Why do I care? I mean, I didn't even vote for the all-stars on the initial ballot (though I did fill one out). Well, you see, the starting second base role is going to be vied for by these two gentlemen:






                             vs.                   




    So I ask; will you please spare a vote to Rangers second baseman Marcus Semien? The All-Star Game is going to be held in Globe Life Field, home of the Rangers, so wouldn't it suck if an Astro started there instead of a Ranger? I'm very glad that Jared Sandler brought this to light yesterday as I listened to the game (Not glad about the actual game though, as we lost 11-2 😭).

    While Altuve has an offensive edge thus far (.303/.350/.462), Semien has been huge defensively. His bat has struggled as of late, but hey, slumps happen. And why would we want the starting second baseman of our rival team starting in our home park? Your guess is as good as mine. 
    The cheapest tickets available in the nosebleeds cost $230. Just saying. I would love to treat those Rangers fans who are going (not me, unfortunately) to their starting second baseman.

    And so I urge you, please cast your vote in favor of the Rangers second baseman. Unfortunately, Corey Seager had to compete with both Gunnar Henderson and Bobby Witt Jr, so he won't be starting in the All-Star game. Please vote to start at least one Ranger (I think Semien's the only one in contention to start).

    In the first ballot, Altuve received more votes than Semien. Hopefully, as a fighting force, we can reverse the trends and get Marcus in there. 

    To vote (this Sunday), see mlb.com/vote or rangers.com/vote

    Well, this was actually kind of fun to write, even though it was very sloppy and fun wasn't necessarily the point of the post. But it will be fun to see Marcus. See you all next time and, as always, happy collecting.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I'll be voting for my Jose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vile fiend!

      I love how Dominic made the pictures of Semien and Altuve actual size comparisons.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that was very intentional. Had a good laugh about it.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of both players... but since Semien left the A's... I'm a bigger fan of Altuve.

    ReplyDelete