Friday, June 7, 2024

Let's Keep This Brief

     Well shoot. I kinda forgot about the Friday post until just now. Oh well, let's keep this brief.

    Today marks the last post for the 2021 binder. Next I shall move on to 2022, then 2023, and so on and so forth. Enough talk; let's get right down to it.

    Note: For the sake of keeping this brief I will not show off my '65 Bryce Harper redux.








    Just kidding.





    Chrome cards are always nice. Coming into 2021, Eloy Jimenez was a pretty big deal. He finished fourth in ROY voting in 2019, then won the Silver Slugger in 2020. He fell off a bit in 2021, slashing .249/.303/.437 in only 55 games. Except for a half season in 2022, Jimenez hasn't been super effective since. But seeing as how he's young, maybe he'll have a turnaround.





    Gonna be completely honest here; these 'Platinum Players Die Cut' cards seriously look like they were given to a four year old with safety scissors. Oh well, the back of the card is cool.





    And now, the final part of the 2021 binder is nigh......





    The giant heaping collection of 2021 Topps Big League cards! I own a whole seven of them! Not great pictures, though.
    In my unprofessional opinion, the best card in the lot is Daniel Bard. He's just such a cool player. Can't go wrong with the snazzy Lindor or the Justin Verlander though. I actually really like the design for these cards. 2023 was better, but I think it offers a cool and unique look.


    That'll finish out the 2021 binder. Chances are I'll take a break from binder posting until my drafts are all finished. I'm also going to abolish my post schedule (which I've done already) of Mondays and Fridays. A lot of thoughts for posts come into my head, so I think I'll just send them off once they're ready, pretty much no matter when that is. I've also got a few actually semi-valuable cards that I'd like to post but haven't yet. 

    As always thanks for reading, watch out for more posts, and Happy Collecting! Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Seager For The WinJune 7, 2024 at 5:02 PM

    Great post, you’ve definitely got an insane collection of cards I gotta say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, I thought Eloy was gonna be a huge star one day. I guess he still has time to become one, but he's kinda struggling this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Harper card. I kinda like the die-cut Carlton. At one time I even thought about collecting the set. Decided not to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The die-cuts are definitely interesting. I don't hate them, but when I first got the card back in '21, I thought it was horribly broken.

      I love the Harper card too.

      Delete