Saturday, August 24, 2024

Player of the Week

     Hi y'all. 

    This has been an eventful week for me....... although not really. But on the way to a friend's house, I came up with a new idea for the blog.

    Now of course I have my cards that I can post on the blog. But I thought this new idea would be a nice addition to the blog. But my plan won't go on for very long.....

    Readers of the blog have probably noticed that I will quite often just randomly post on players; those guys who come to mind. Examples of this are Jung Hoo Lee and Masyn Winn. And then Evan Carter, obviously.

    So I've decided that each Saturday for the rest of the MLB season, I will come out with a post on my personal 'Player of the Week.' 

    Now my player of the week won't necessarily be the best player in the MLB for that week, but the player that draws my attention for that particular week. Coming into next Saturday, I'll only have five weeks left in the whole season to work with, so there will naturally only be five of my players of the week. 

    I may or may not choose a player twice; it depends on who draws my attention. Based on my usual baseball-ish whims, I can guess that Tarik Skubal, Jackson Merrill and Brenton Doyle will all be chosen at least once, but we'll see. The psychology of it; now I'll definitely pick them....

    Well, I hope this is a good idea. If not, well then I won't be doing it for too long, so the suffering will be limited. Meanwhile, have a great weekend, and happy collecting!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I love the idea. Can’t wait to read your summaries. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Padres fan... I'd love to see a Jackson Merrill post. Just bought my first card of his today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want a Merrill post: you got it! I'm working on a couple other posts, but once I'm through with those I'll get right down to one centered on him; if he's not one of my Players of the Week first. Merrill is one of my favorite players. And he hit a walk-off bomb today.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete