Saturday, September 28, 2024

Player of the Week 5 (and some playoff predictions)

     Alright, the season has two games left (or three if you're the Braves or Mets), and some interesting things have definitely happened this week, as you would suppose with the playoffs right around the corner. Let's see...

    I've already gone over the A's move to Vegas and the final game in the Coliseum (just check out my last post). Aaron Judge is doing Aaron Judge things, and the Padres turned a triple play to clinch a spot in the postseason. Any better way to do it? Didn't think so.

    Speaking of the postseason........the Royals made it in. With yesterday's loss to the Orioles, the Twins are officially kicked out of playoff contention. 

    Also, my boys the Tigers broke in too! They have been quite literally insane as of late, and took the month by storm. With nine games to play going back to the 20th, the team had three three-game sets, against the Orioles, Rays and White Sox. Well, they won the series against the O's, 2-1, and swept the Rays, as I correctly predicted. Just yesterday they took the game against the Sox 4-1, and with two games to go, it's just up to them to stay ahead of the Royals, who lost to Atlanta yesterday.

    Seeing as how the Tigers are my favorite postseason squad right now, I think I know who my final Player of the Week is, and that man is.....







    Skubal started the first game of the Rays series, and possibly threw the best game of his life. Ubals, as I call him, fired 7 scoreless frames, giving up two hits and a walk with seven punchouts. This stellar outing gave the ace his 18th win of the year and dropped his ERA to an incredible 2.39. Skubal has been carrying the team since minute one, and I can't wait to see him make his first-ever playoff appearance. I don't think there's much of a contest for the AL Cy Young award either.


    Now, as for playoff predictions, I can't really make a ton since the seeding isn't complete yet. I may just predict a Padres World Series appearance though. I love what they bring to the table in terms of offense, starting pitching and bullpen. I feel the same way with the Brewers. 
    
    Now, as for the AL, I would love to see a Tigers or Royals World Series run. I doubt it's super realistic, but with the way the Tigers have performed, it's definitely a possibility. If I had to make a real prediction though, I'm afraid I'd need to go with the Bronx Bombers. Their offense has just been too good.

    I'll definitely come out with some more in-depth playoff predictions once the seedings are set, but that'll have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday most likely. As for now, y'all have a great weekend, and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment