Thursday, January 25, 2024

A Rangers Fan's Dream

     As we all know, the Texas Rangers were the 2023 World Series Champions. They had the best offense in the AL, placing first in runs, hits, homers, walks, batting average, slugging percentage and OBP. So they were definitely the real deal.
    Anyway, they defeated the D-Backs in the World Series and won their first ever championship. And yesterday I was able to have a Rangers Fan's dream come true. 
    The team is making the most out of their victory, showing off the trophy to Rangers fans all across the Lone Star State. Yesterday, I had the privilege of going to a minor league stadium, where the trophy was being shown. 

    



And here is the (oh so shiny) pride of the Texas Rangers, fought for since 1972




    



    Along with being able to see the trophy, I was also able to get the autograph of former Rangers outfielder Pete Incaviglia. He played 5 seasons with Texas, winning the Rookie of the Year award in 1986. He has a career 1,043 hits and 206 home runs, so that was a win too.


    Yes, as soon as I heard that Incaviglia was going to be there signing autographs, I just got out my 1990 Fleer (incomplete) complete set and picked through my Rangers until I found him. 

    Overall, it was a very good experience. It was epic to see the prize that the Rangers fought for for over 50 years, and also to get the autograph of a former Rangers Rookie of the Year.

4 comments:

  1. I am waiting for my turn to see the trophy.

    I attended my first Rangers game back in 1972, so I waited a long time to see that trophy. I figure a few more months won't make that big of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. I've never seen the trophy in person (although I have seen the College World Series trophy before!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice day. I remember Pete's cards from my childhood very well. Do they let people touch the trophy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They forbade anyone to touch the trophy. I guess they didn't want fingerprints on it or anyone to mess with it and damage it.

      Delete