Saturday, January 27, 2024

Shall we Dance?

      I really like those cards of players in odd and uncomfortable-looking poses, whether they are diving for a ball, stretching to make a catch, or flopping to avoid an oncoming baserunner. I looked through about 600 cards and found about a dozen or so cards of players doing these 'dances'. Some are better than others, and I could have found more, except I was looking for them at 11:00 at night. Shall we dance?

Please play this video while reading the post:




    Now that we have the proper music, let's take a gander at the dancers:













Ricky's  a double dancer














Nice twist Frank








Love that spin move







I have numerous cards of Greg Gagne making some nice poses







His face makes this snapshot all the better








This dance ends with a big stomp







He doesn't have a partner to catch him







This is the very start of the dance when he points up high







This may be my favorite dancer. It takes real skill to do this one







There's the big leap







This may be another card of Greg Gagne, but look at Dawson's moves







And Finally...







It seems that Jim Gott is also a karate master...








    Well, there you go. As the music fades, I realize that this is my way of making my un-special cards interesting to the readers. Although I have to admit that John Patterson is a bit of a stretch. And Aaron Holbert is doing a bit of a stretch. My favorite dancer is Jeff Blauser. What's yours?
    I could probably find many more of these 'dancer' cards, but for the time being will hold off. Thank you for reading.

7 comments:

  1. The dancing duo of Gagne and Dawson wins my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice theme! Added you to my Blogroll looking forward to reading regularly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The John Patterson looks like he's saying "I'll dance with you!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the Shawon Dunston 1991 Fleer Ultra card... Definitely a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll find that a lot of bloggers have similar mini-collections. And my favorite here is definitely the Jim Gott, which I had somehow never seen before.

    ReplyDelete