Monday, April 15, 2024

A Word on Austin Brice

      My blog has been receiving so many views from Hong Kong recently. In fact, in the last 30 days, 74% of my views have been from there. I don't know why this is happening. Maybe my blog is very popular overseas? Yeah, I doubt it. I'm sure this bloated number of views on the blog is superficial. I've heard other bloggers saying the same thing, though not always from the same place. I've also heard Germany and Singapore.

    Well, since I'm getting all those little views in Hong Kong, I got interested. Which players were born in Hong Kong? When I typed it up on my search engine, pitcher Austin Brice's Wikipedia page was the first thing that showed up.



    Brice was born June 19, 1992 in Hong Kong, but grew up in the US. This was because his father worked internationally, and I guess that's where his family was when he was born. Anyway, he was drafted in 2010 and made his MLB debut in 2016. During his first day on the job, Brice threw a perfect inning and struck out two. This was the beginning of a beautiful career, right? Not exactly. He pitched in the MLB up through 2022, posting a 4-4 record and 5.12 ERA. He pitched in Spring Training this year with the Phillies at age 32. He threw to a 9.45 ERA in 6 2/3 innings, and is currently pitching in AAA with Philadelphia and throwing to a 7.71 ERA to start. And unfortunately, this is not my card of Austin Brice. I'm sad to say that I don't have one.

    Well, that was the scoop on the first MLB player I saw who was born in Hong Kong. I still find it a bit suspicious that I'm getting so many views there, but I guess it doesn't really matter, so long as the readers are happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hong Kong is dominating my view count as well. 10x higher than views from USA residents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably spam. My big one was Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you're not taking those bot views too seriously. Some bloggers do, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete