Sunday, April 14, 2024

First Hit

 




    Today (April 14th), Jackson Holliday got his first ever major league hit! The hit was a single to move a runner to third down 4-3 in the seventh inning. The run ended up scoring, and so did Holliday, his run giving the Orioles a 5-4 lead. Baltimore ended up winning 6-4 against the Brewers. The hit was given up by relief pitcher Abner Uribe. I think I've gotten myself into following Holliday now. Oh well.
    And let me take the time to admire this 2023 Donruss Marvels rookie card. Definitely an interesting design there, and I kinda like it. Let's face it, no real background, this card looks like the cover of a comic book. It even has a barcode! So, I think it looks pretty sharp, but no doubt an odd one. Please let me know if y'all have any mixed opinions about the card.
    Now, no better way to end the post than with a video of the hit. Congrats Jackson Holliday!






5 comments:

  1. My hope is Jackson can be this year's Gunnar - but he's looking overmatched so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both own the same look!
      And, cough cough, so did Henderson.

      Delete
  2. Interested to see how he does throughout the season. Going to be interesting to compare him to my two Ranger rookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card. I like the comic book theme... just wish Panini had a MLB license.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he didn't get it until after he played the Red Sox! ;)

    ReplyDelete