Monday, May 20, 2024

Monday's Featured Card

     I was going to post with all the mismatched cards in my 2021 binder, but rather than taking 30 or so photos and adding them to the blog in one giant post, I figured it'd be more worthwhile to feature each card until I'm done with them. I may or may not be posting them on Mondays, but since it's a Monday post and I just had the idea, we'll go with it for now.

    Today's featured card was found in my 2021 binder, and is from the year 2019. I remember getting this card, though didn't notice something that makes it way cooler. Here it is: 







    I love 2019 Topps Bowman Holiday. I also realized that this Michael Chavis rookie card is numbered 9/150. I can't believe I didn't notice that when I first got the card! 

    Michael Chavis debuted in 2019, and was decent, slashing .254/.322/.444 with 18 home runs in 95 games. He fell off the shelf from there, hitting .231/.265/.382 in 262 games from 2020-2023. 

    Chavis is currently playing AAA ball for the Pacific Coast Tacoma Rainiers, where he's slashing .296/.377/.493 with 6 homers in 39 games.

2 comments:

  1. Seager For The WinMay 20, 2024 at 9:17 AM

    Cool! I’m excited to see the variety of cards you will display. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always rooted for Chavis to have success for two reasons: First, I remember him getting drafted, and he was at the MLB Studio wearing a bow tie. Secondly, he has once of the better nicknames in baseball - "Ice Horse"

    ReplyDelete